Fry | Goehring successfully helps the injured recover the compensation they deserve.
Fighting for the Rights of Wrongfully Injured Patients
Healthcare providers are expected to meet a certain standard of care when they treat patients. Under the law, medical providers are expected to provide treatment that is consistent with the type of care another physician with similar training would provide in similar circumstances. In the event that a healthcare professional errs in a negligent manner that causes harm to their patient, they can be sued for medical malpractice.
At Fry | Goehring in Atlanta, our team of medical malpractice attorneys have decades of combined experience representing victims of negligent medical errors. If you or a loved one have been injured or become ill and you have good reason to believe you incurred harm due to negligent treatment, contact our firm right away to discuss your legal options. You may be entitled to compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to the error.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Due to the nature of the medical field, not every negative diagnosis or outcome is evidence of malpractice—there are limits to what doctors and other medical professionals are capable of, after all. Simply being unhappy with your treatment is not grounds for a medical malpractice case.
However, in some cases, a healthcare professional does fail to meet the accepted standard of care, causing a patient significant harm that should have been preventable. In such instances, the patient may be entitled to recover compensation under Georgia Code § 51-1-27.
Examples of grounds for medical malpractice claims include, but are not limited to:
- Birth injuries
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical errors
- Delayed diagnosis
- Medication/prescription errors
- Defective medical device malfunctions
- Nursing home negligence
- Blood test and laboratory errors
- Careless behavior by paramedics and emergency officials
- Failure to provide follow up care
- Transfers of patients to another hospital without consent
- Wrongful death
Available Damages & Compensation
By filing a medical malpractice lawsuit in Georgia, you may be eligible to receive compensation for economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Past medical expenses, including hospital stays, surgeries, medication, etc.
- Lost wages incurred from having to take time away from work
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as and mobility equipment and at-home caregivers
- Punitive damages (in the event the medical error was especially outrageous)
- Pain and suffering (mental anguish, loss of enjoyment, etc.)
Additionally, injured patients may also be eligible to receive compensation for the cost of future medical bills related to the injury, in the event the injury requires ongoing care. Fry | Goehring team will do whatever it takes to fight for the maximum amount of compensation available.
Do I Have a Medical Malpractice Claim?
To have a solid medical malpractice claim, you must be able to prove all of the following:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff. To prove this, you will have to show that you (the plaintiff) and the at-fault medical provider (the defendant) established a doctor-patient relationship before the malpractice occurred.
- The defendant breached this duty of care.
- The plaintiff was injured as a direct result of this breach of care.
- The plaintiff suffered actual, compensable damages due to their injuries, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Call Fry | Goehring Today to Learn More
Because the burden of proof is so high for medical malpractice cases, these are some of the most difficult personal injury claims to win on behalf of the plaintiff. Therefore, it is imperative you work with an experienced and capable medical malpractice attorney in your area.
Since 2011, the legal team at Fry | Goehring has successfully handled numerous medical malpractice claims on behalf of injured patients in the Atlanta area. Our team has decades of combined legal experience ready to work for you. Reach out to us today to learn more about how we can help you fight for fair and just compensation.
Our Client Stories
Extremely Helpful and QuickClaudia Barret
Good Law Firm in Helping You No Matter WhatDarlene Mack
Friendly and ProfessionalMichael Nelson
Our Firm is Dedicated to Giving Back to the Community We Serve
We Communicate Effectively & Take the Time to Understand Your Pain
Our Attorneys Are Backed by Over 20 Years of Legal Experience