WATCH OUT FOR PEDESTRIANS ACCIDENTS DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON
Many people are out and about during the holiday season, especially here in the metro Atlanta area. Whether visiting friends and family or going Christmas shopping, it’s important to be aware of pedestrians.
Tips for avoiding pedestrian accidents include:
- Avoid distracted driving
- Always follow the posted speed limit
- Always obey traffic laws and posted signs
- Take extra caution around schools, shopping centers, parks, etc.
- Be careful driving in poor weather – especially when visibility is reduced
- Never drive impaired or fatigued
Review our blog here for more helpful pedestrian safety tips.
What to Do If You Are Injured in a Pedestrian Accident
If you or a loved one is injured in a pedestrian accident, your first step should be to seek medical attention. Even if you think your injuries aren’t severe, it is important to be examined by a doctor or medical provider. Due to shock or inflammation, some injuries may not be immediately apparent without the help of a medical professional.
After an accident, you should:
- Call 911 to receive emergency medical aid
- Report your accident to the police
- Collect the name, vehicle, and insurance information of the other people involved in the accident
- Collect the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident
- Take pictures or video of the accident scene and document the circumstances of the accident
You May Be Entitled to Compensation
Pedestrian accidents tend to result in significant injury and can be fatal. If you or a loved one was injured in a pedestrian accident, you might have grounds to seek compensation for your injuries. After seeking medical treatment, it is a good idea to contact an experienced personal injury attorney, like those at Fry | Goehring, to understand your legal options.
You may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Medical care, including emergency treatment and hospital services
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages (both present and future)
- Lost earning capacity
- The costs associated with a temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
Do Not Assume Your Insurance Will Take Care of You
Most people assume that because they have insurance, they do not have to worry about accident-related costs beyond their deductible. This is not always the case and injured accident victims are frequently left unfairly shorted. Do not assume that your insurance company will take care of you after an accident.
Insurance companies are notorious for denying claims. Many will do everything possible to avoid paying out. This can throw you and your family into a precarious financial situation. However, by working with our personal injury attorneys you can increase the likelihood of receiving the compensation you are entitled to.
After a pedestrian accident, a personal injury attorney can help you with the following:
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Negotiating with hospitals and healthcare providers
- Filing a personal injury claim
- Managing your case from start to finish
- Providing legal guidance focused on your best interests
The aftermath of a pedestrian accident can be stressful and sometimes even overwhelming. An experienced injury attorney can provide you with invaluable support. If you were in a pedestrian accident, do not hesitate to reach out to Fry | Goehring. Our team is standing by to help you.
Send us a message online to schedule a consultation.