Staying home and reducing the spread of COVID-19 is more important now than ever before. As the transmission rate of COVID-19 is very high, one individual could cause many others to become sick just by being near them. The STAY AT HOME ORDER is a great weapon against the transmission of the virus, but what does the order involve exactly?
Here are some points from the stay-home order.
Luckily the stay-at-home order is not a complete lock-down. We are able to do many of the things we enjoy, as long as we maintain social distance. The order states that residents within the jurisdiction limits of the city of Atlanta must stay at home unless to perform essential activities, essential governmental functions, or to operate essential businesses. The activities that you can leave your home for are as follows.
- Activities or tasks essential to your health and safety, or to the health and safety of family or household members, including pets. This may involve medications or medical supplies, visiting your healthcare professional, or obtaining supplies that are needed to work from home.
- The purchase of food or household products to maintain safety and sanitation, and the operation of the household. It is also permissible to deliver these items to family members, or others that are in need.
- Outdoor activity. As long as everyone complies with social distancing requirements.
- Providing essential products or services at an essential business. For a full list, please see the order HERE
This order is designed to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus, and if followed correctly, will be extremely efficient at doing so. It may be difficult, but taking this time to stay home, or do outdoor activities that allow you to maintain a safe distance from others is extremely important. You have the power to not only prevent yourself from contracting the virus but preventing others as well. Statistically speaking, you may feel you are at low risk for serious complications from the virus, which may be true, but an infected individual can spread it without any symptoms at all, therefore putting others at risk. Adhering to the stay-at-home order now can prevent additional orders in the future.
BONUS: Safety and hygiene tips we should all follow:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
4. Stay home when you are sick.
5. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
7. If you have recently returned from a country with ongoing COVID-19 infections monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials
Got Questions about your personal injury case? We’re working (remotely and safely)! Contact us!